Monday, February 16, 2015

Feb 16th 2015

This was suppose to be the Pre-Thoughts for Fastlane PPV post.  But...with only like 2 matches listed right now, there wasn't a reason to do that.

So instead, I thought I would get something off my boobs...er chest.  Ready to yell at me...great spiffy....

Why is it, when a superstar finds a great move, be it a set up move for their finisher or the finisher itself, they stop trying?  It just seems to me, that a lot of the guys these days find one or two cool things to do and that's it. They stop bothering to reinvent their style...or maybe I should say broaden their language in the ring. And you can take that metaphorically or literally, cause some of the guys get one catch phrase and never really build on that either.

And I'm going to pick on Dean Ambrose right now, because he's one of my favourites.  The running across the two announce booths, which rocked the roof off the crowd the first two times like a year ago, is old now. The second shelf hammock that springboards you into a clothesline, also on the stale side now.  I get that "trademark moves" are just that, but when they are used every single match they loose their shinny.
Bray Wyatt also one of my favourites right now, the exorcist crawl is also dead in the water. I want to see something else. Something faster, something more thought provoking. Pick a different horror film if need be.

I don't know about anyone else, but when you watch your favourites every week, you notice all the gimmicks, all the twitches, all the new and all the old. I'm not seeing a whole lot of "new" from anybody.
While I'm here unloading my thoughts on this snow covered afternoon while my coffee rapidly gets cold, and slightly speaking of mic work; when was the last time we saw...er heard Dean Ambrose take over the announce booth? It's been over a year hasn't it since he stole some headphones from the announce team?
His semi-mini feud with Barrett needs something. A bag of tacks maybe? A staple gun?  A 2 out of 3 falls? A great open mic night on Smackdown? Something.  And am I the only one who when they hear Barrett's catch phrase lately thinks of Comic Strip Presents More Bad News?  I can't be the only one who right away expects to see Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmondson, Nigel Planer and Peter Richardson appear in full on waterfall wigs and leather pants...

Till later
Love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment