Sunday, May 19, 2013

What I loved and hated about ...

Extreme Rules

pre-show... Miz won just as predicted. CRAP! The length of the match was okay but it could have been longer in my mind.  I like that Wade Barrett was part of the pre-show, but would have liked to have more of him. I still think that pre-shows are not handled as well as they could be.

First up was Jericho vs Fandango... Well, Fandango's pants looked like someone melted crayons and smeared them all over him. Dude why?  Jericho got the win clean with a codebreaker and a pin.  I'm liking that Fandango was beat.

Shield match -Dean Ambrose vs Kofi Kingston.... Ambrose wore white.  Nice! And get this, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns did not stick around. And you know what happened then...Ambrose cleaned house! The U. S. title is now on the waist of Shield. Match was a bit short for my tastes, but most matches these days are too short for my tastes.

Mark Henry vs Sheamus in a strap match. Sheamus got this. I have to say, I was wrong on my predictions here, and for once glad I was wrong.

Swagger vs Del Rio in an I Quit match for the number one contender spot.  Del Rio got this with his armbreaker.  This had some issues, because Zeb threw Del Rio's towel and the ref called the match giving it to Swagger, until he saw the replay and then restarted the match.  Del Rio then won within seconds making Swagger scream I Quit.

Shield match- Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs Kane and Bryan.  Tornado rules and it was the Tag Team belts on the line.  Shield got the win.  Love it! Love it! Match was decent length. And you have to love the fact that they did it clean.

Big Show vs Orton.  This was a typical back and forth match. And Orton won. There wasn't any doubt.

Cena vs Ryback. Last Man Standing.  Feel sorry for the "pit crew" who had to jump out of the way when they both went through the gates at the time keepers seats. This was a seemingly nasty, brutal finish.  I have to admit, that they do so many fake injuries that I've long given up trying to tell when it's a scripted injury and when it's the real deal.   No winner.

Brock vs Triple H.   Brock had his knee messed up, midway through the match, which made me cringe and will no doubt set off nightmares of my own knee injury tonight, and Heyman ran into the cage getting jammed up by Triple H. And delivered a low blow on Triple H.  Brock got the win. and there was no blood shed that I saw.

Okay, obviously, I loved the wins by the Shield. That was something I blogged about a month ago so seeing it come about made my week.
As I said earlier in the post, I love longer matches.

love Ardeth Blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment