Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Random wrestling thoughts Feb 12/2013

I was once asked why I have never actively tried to get a writing job in the wrestling industry?

There are a bundle of reasons, one being I don't kiss ass very well.  Good enough an answer for you? 
I think being a fan is both great and horrible at the same time. Which, as we all know, being in the industry would be both great and horrible at the same time too.   Think about it, some of the guys work for years and never make it to either of the big companies. No matter how talented they are, luck just is not on their side.  Then there are those who are just in the right place at the right time and really don't offer much at all.

Such is life, such is rock n roll

As a fan, I can voice my opinion freely on if I care or not, for a match/storyline/etc without fear of loosing my job.  It's a luxury.  Something I was normally unable to do when I did book reviews and the few years I worked as a news reporter. 

Like today, I was watching a clip from last night's WWE Raw, of Wade Barrett vs Kofi Kingston, and thinking, as much as I love seeing Mr. Barrett on tv as often as humanly possible, I'm really really tired right now of this feud with Kofi Kingston.  I'm actually very eager to see him really jump into some matches with Bo Dallas, or possibly Damien Sandow, or for that matter Seth Rollins.  (Barrett vs Rollins, now that would be something to sink your teeth into) Something fresh, that we haven't seen five million times in the last three months.  
I get that the two work well off each other, and always give for fuller matches, but they've been dragging their heels on this for awhile.  Put Mr. Barrett in a few new feuds for a few months.  I am sure revisiting this one with Kofi in say a year and a half from now would make more sense. I would actually love to see Wade Barrett go against Antonio Cesaro for a few rounds.  Make it title vs title for a bit, elevating both titles in the process.

And speaking of something I don't care to see... I've admitted in the past that I really like Johnny Curtis, but I think this new Fandango dancer thing is just too much.  What the hell is it with the WWE and singing/dancing? 

as always, love Ardeth Blood


No comments:

Post a Comment