Saturday, April 28, 2012

Open Fight Night for Impact


I used screen capture for this post



First off, I'm actually watching the show right now as I write this, and as I write the review for it over on my personal blog. {link here to the review on my personal blog}

What do I think about this new concept?

On one level it's a totally great idea.  Everyone is on an even playing field.   On another level, it's Farbots!

I pretty much mentioned last week on my personal blog, that I think it could possibly lower the value of the belts and some of the talent.
The fact that as of now, all the champions must put the titles up every week if they are called out means that there is a much higher chance of the title changing hands on a weekly bases.

Though, the mirror echo of this is that anyone can be a champion if they have a good night.  There are some wrestlers who really deserve the chance to be a number one contender and some who have had more then their fair share of chances.

So I see this as a double edged sword, and more with the dark side of it.

I know, you can't really put a limit on how many rematches a wrestler can ask for, but maybe there should be a limit to how many in a 40 day time frame?

The best thing TNA has done in the last year has been putting the belts on Robert Roode and Austin Aries.  Both men have held on to their titles for months giving them a boost in value.  Both men have given the audiences pay-per-views worthy of their time and money.

If the belts change hands more then twice each in the next six months, then all the value boost those men and their opponents gave in the last 6 months will have been for nothing.
The same can also be said for having it stay too long with some of the other wrestlers who've held that belt more then often in the past.

In other words,  I would hate to see those belts in the hands of guys like RVD or Hardy.  It would just be the same old same old and nothing good could come of that.


-Love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment