Wednesday, March 11, 2015

March 11th 2015

As we head into the big yearly ppv known as Wrestlemaina, I have thoughts.
I know this is a bit early in the month, given we still have two weeks and who knows what matches will be listed, I'll probably come back in before the ppv and give a full "pre-thoughts" but, at the moment I want to talk about the ladder match.

The big ladder match for the Intercontinental Title, which as of this posting, contains Wade Barrett, Dean Ambrose, Star Dust, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, and Luke Harper.

I have to keep asking myself, why I shell out $50 -$60 bucks every month for what is usually only one match I actually care about? The short answer is "sir I have an addiction". 

I love the fact the Intercontinental belt is being spotlighted. I don't think it really has in a few years, and this is a fabulous way of doing so. I love that some of the guys added to the mix are a few you wouldn't expect to see given the current storylines. R-Truth has brought a sense of comedy to the otherwise dry-rub storyline that could have made it pointless. The play on words with R-Truth having the sack for "potatoes" after the past week and a half of Cole calling the plot a "game of hot potato" was brilliant.
The fact Luke Harper has done his role in perfect silence, adds a touch of urgency to the idea that this title does play a major role in the ladder - no pun intended- to getting to the heavyweight belt.
And of course, Dean Ambrose kicking it all off with his demanding that the history and respect of the title be brought up to begin with, shows that this title does MEAN something to the business; and is not just a filler spot.

So who do I think will come out ahead on this and who do I want to come out the winner?  These are two separate plotlines.
I think  it's going to end up around the waist of Dolph Ziggler. The second he was added to the chess board, my mind was locked in. It makes sense given he's been heavyweight champion before and this would elevate him to the running of number one contender after Seth Rollins cashes in. A Rollins-Ziggler feud makes so much sense for the coming year.
This would also open up a great chance to have Dean Ambrose and Luke Harper butt heads in a feud for a few months. Or Ambrose vs Star Dust.

What I want to see is Dean Ambrose come away the winner. I think if they put the Intercontinental title around that werewolf's waist, it's going to stay there for awhile. Have him beat his own title record and hold it for even two days longer then he held the U.S. title last year.  That would be a storyline, could Ambrose out Ambrose himself?  Think of all the ways that creative could throw at him to keep the title and beat his own record? The feuds he could be allowed to have with some of the mid-card guys who we rarely see, or even a title vs title match against whomever has the heavyweight belt by fall. Bring more of a pure wrestling history lesson to his storyline with each match he defends the title.

Okay my Spudguns! That's my thoughts right now on the IC Title, and I'll be back in time for the ppv.
Love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment