Monday, January 19, 2015

Pre-thoughts Rumble 2015

It's a Monday morning, tonight's Raw is yet to air, and the website has three matches listed at this point for the ppv this coming weekend.

That's enough, good, leave it there!

You have a three hour timeslot, and that sounds about right for this particular pay-per-view.

A) The tag team titles match between Usos and Miz/Sandow.  That could be given a decent 30-45 minutes.

B) The heavyweight title match with Cena vs Brock vs Seth Rollins. This should be a solid hour. No questions asked.

C) 30 man over the top battle royal. This should take us to the last two minutes of the scheduled time. Should be the star attraction.

So what do I think about all this?   The Usos will end up keeping their titles because Sandow is finally going to break away from Miz.

Rollins, Rollins, Rollins! They more then hinted last week on the show that if he doesn't win straight up, he's going to cash in. I say keep it! Keep it for Wrestlemaina. But I think Seth Rollins is going to win straight up, and totally steal the show. The dude is like a god or something, the amount of punishment he seems to be able to take and still pull off all those cruiser weight moves out of nowhere. I don't think there is anyone else in the company (can't say business right now because we know there's a whole generation of guys who trained with him back in the independents) who can pull off the stunts he can and make it look effortless.

The main event. It's going to come down to Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. I'd love to say Reigns, but now with Bryan locked in the match...I don't think any other surprise entries, or any of the already announced ones will be able to hold out.
I'm really really really hoping that Brad Maddox finds away to sneak in even for a few minutes...

And all this leads me to say, we've been given a glimpse at the start of what I hope happens before the end of 2015; the reforming of the Shield. No, I haven't given up on the idea, specially with Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns partnering up last few weeks....against Seth Rollins. The three of them in the ring together is pure chemistry. Thunder bolts and lighting chemistry.  So my big prediction for 2015 is that once some gold is around Rollins's waist, and possibly the tag titles on Ambrose/Reigns, we will see the triad return. Black clad crows of the apocalypse come to save the souls of the common viewers...don't mind me, I was researching Celtic/Irish mythology...carry on...
Creative sneaked a few bits into one of Rollins' first promos almost a year ago; after turning that just makes me think they originally were only going to have him Triple H's sidekick for a short while, exposing a cunning plan to get gold and reveal he'd never turned on Ambrose/Reigns at all. Creative needs to go over their notes and think about that storyline.

Okay I'll be back after the ppv...


No comments:

Post a Comment