Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Random talking about...

Tag Teams.

Survivor Series is this weekend, and with all the talk about teams, I got thinking about tag teams in general.
In the last year and a half, the tag team divisions in the two biggest companies WWE and TNA, have gone through some major ups and downs.  Here's my personal list of current top 5 tag teams in the two companies.

1. Shield members Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.  (WWE)

2. Eric Young and Joseph Park (TNA)

3. Bad Influence : Kaz and Christopher Daniels (TNA)

4. The Usos (WWE)

5. Cesaro and Swagger (WWE)


I love Eric Young. I think he doesn't get enough air time, and pairing him up with Park, you get the perfect balance of talent and comedy.  They know how to work well together and how to keep the story going even when there really isn't much of a story for them to work with.

Bad Influence... one of the few tag teams on television that seems to have a real chemistry. You know when they are in a match, you're in for pure wrestling.

The Real Americans...okay they are on this list for one reason and one reason only. CESARO! 

The Usos. I have to admit, it's taken a really long time for me to get into these guys.  For all the talent they have, there is still something missing for me.

Rollins and Reigns.  WHY HAVEN'T THEY GOTTEN THEIR BELTS BACK?  Top of my list, and you would think the easiest to talk about given they are my favourites, but as I sit here all I can think is why don't these two have gold at the moment?  Possibly one of the best tag teams in the last five years, they surprised me.  In the beginning, when the Shield came on the scene, I thought they were going to section Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose as tag partners for the titles, giving Roman Reigns the United States title, but in a very brilliant turn, they partnered Rollins and Reigns and not only does it work completely, it makes sense.  Between the cruiser weight style and ability of Rollins, and the grounded strength of Reigns, you've got the entire system from back to front.  Before anything else happens to the Shield, Rollins and Reigns need to hold tag gold once more.


And just for the hell of it...

Two tag teams I would love to see get back together for one more match against each other, are TNA's MotorCityMachine Guns! and Beer Money.   I think when you mention tag teams of the last decade, both those teams come screaming to mind.


love Ardeth Blood.



No comments:

Post a Comment