Saturday, March 5, 2011

NXT for March 3rd 2011

This was the season 4 finale.

Really, I suppose I should not find it a surprise at all that Johnny Curtis and Brodus Clay were the last two standing, as they have been building a feud between them since day one.

We open with a recap of the full season.  Hey, is Conor O'Brian still under the ring? When he got eliminated he went under the ring....
Then both our remaining Rookies had a bit of a face to face in the ring. And I have to say that Clay's mic skills have improved greatly since the first episode.

This lead right into the first match of the night. Brodus Clay got the win.

Josh Mathews said that Derrick Bateman would be on the show later... Why? He got tossed this is not Top Chef, contestants are not suppose to come back once they are tossed.
Bateman was part of a Rookie Reunion Tag Match... I was shaking my head on this one until.... the return of Conor O'Brian   okay that answered my question from twenty minutes ago and made me happy.

So Match #2 was between Derrick Bateman/Conor O'Brian  vs Jacob Novak/Byron Saxton.   Novak bailed leaving his partner to the wolves and Bateman got the win.

The Winner for Season 4 of NXT = Johnny Curtis. 

Next week Season 5 starts, and all the announce team said was it will be different from what we've seen so far.  I'm thinking, since so many of the superstars as of late have been "fired" that maybe they are going to make them fight for their jobs back?  Settle down, I'm just guessing here. 

Looks like the Score here in Canada will be airing Season 5 once again on Thursday nights at 9pm EST