Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is it time for the trades?





Wade Barrett has come over to Smackdown from Raw in the last week, bringing with him Slater and Gabriele. 

Is this a wise move?

Well, if you've been reading this blog for a bit, then you know I am a massive fan of Wade Barrett. Bringing him over to the Friday night show is a very very very very good thing.

Bringing, Slater and Gabriele with him... not so much.   I was very hyper on the idea of the match between Barrett and Big Show this past week, as I was hoping we would finally get a chance to see what he was capable of doing in singles matches.  (You must remember, the first season of NXT was not available in most of Canada. and cause of Hulu being the main provider of WWE videos online, Canada misses lots of footage) then to my dismay, the rest of the new team of Slater/Gabriele/Jackson came out to ruin the match. 

Wade Barrett should be given a chance to rise on his own. I thought this was the chance, as they even gave him his own theme song that was not Nexus centered. 
Best this blogger can figure is that while he's Heel, he'll be in a group.  When he finally turns Face, he'll be on his own.

I have to admit, I've never really paid much attention to the time of year that the trades happen in WWE.  But, I'm guessing this is the time for this season's switch ups.

Who would I like to see Wade Barrett feud against now that he's over on Smackdown.... that's easy, Alberto Del Rio.  That my Spudguns, would be a hell of a few months.