Friday, January 7, 2011

2010- How I felt TNA vs WWE stacked up

I used screen capture for this post


Spudguns!  You all know that I am Team TNA.  And more specifically Team MotorCityMachine Guns!    Even before they were officially a tag team I was 100% behind both Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin.  I'm a tag team addict to say the lest.
So, you would think that I would love every second no matter how bad it was of TNA's shows.  Well, not so fast there.  You also know from my silly posts over the years (those of you who read my main blog) that I refer to my addiction to wrestling like a relationship.  2010 had me not feeling the love from my team and nearly asking for a divorce.

I actually found myself enjoying WWE more in 2010.  Mostly because of Season 2 of NXT, Raw having Sheamus, and Smackdown having both Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler.  I also thought the announce team of Josh Mathews and Todd Grisham and Matt Striker to be more comforting then having to listen to the ones over on TNA's Impact. Not to mention the badly done interview styles of Jason Hervey .... I kept waiting for someone to force feed him a stepped on chocolate bar like in Monster Squad now that would have been funny!

The year of 2010 started off with the return of the Monday Night Wars.   Jan 4th and to say the lest, it sucked goat balls.  It was down hill for TNA for months.

TNA's scores:
* Seriously, the only hot spot was indeed the Best of 5 that MotorCityMachine Guns!  and Beer Money Inc had during the summer for the belts.
*I did like the storyline Abyss was given of being off his handle.
*Putting the TV title on Douglas Williams was brilliant as well.
*Letting Jay Lethal be Jay Lethal and giving him back the X belt. 

WWE's scores: 
*NXT Season 2 was fabulous. It brought up some interesting talent.
*Putting CM Punk on the announce team for Raw was also a score as he brought both a grounding to the booth and some long over due comedic verse.
*Nexus in general was brilliant, giving a chance to make some of the Heels have a reason to turn Face for a few months.
*Alex Riley, or as I have been calling him, The Bore-Spore, has shown that he's got what it takes to become a major talent.
*Alberto Del Rio came out of almost nowhere and just dominated the scene. I haven't seen a Heel with that kind of in ring skill in years. The fact they made him a Pro for Season 4 of NXT shows he's got the goods, and I'm betting his Rookie will be on Smackdown soon.
*KnuckleHead  the movie.  Oh my god.  I can not remember the last time there was a movie released with a WWE wrestler in it that was good.  This might actually be a first for them in that regard.
* The PG era.  Most likely the most brilliant move they've done in over 20 years. It forced them to cut back on the crap and actually increase the wrestling and therefore push the guys who actually have the skills and talent to wrestle.
*Moving Edge to Smackdown, strong bold flavour there.
*Putting a belt on Dolph Ziggler. He's one of the most solid wrestlers in the business at the moment. Brilliant, simply brilliant move.
*Bringing in Daniel Bryan.  You just can not hate this guy, he's too good.  It's also nice to hear the WWE giving on air credit to guys who have been in the business for years in other companies.
*Sheamus.  The first time I saw Sheamus over a year ago on Raw I was hit by lighting. I remembered some of his indie stuff that I had seen online, and having seen him on in a documentary. All I have to say is what took WWE so damned long to get him? He's a Heel you love to hate and has the talent, the mic skills, the look the voice... sorry bit of a drool fest here for him. 

WWE's Failures:
*Kaval is one of the most talented wrestlers around, but yet they fail to use him for anything other then jobber of the week.  He should have been given a bigger push.
*Micheal Cole and his damned computer.  Stop it. Just dump the computer stuff and shut Cole up.
*Edge and Kane's comedy soap opera.  That was just alot of wasted time.
*The Tag Team Division.  It is a mess. They're going to need to do a hell of alot more clean up still with this.
*Cody Rhodes and his dashing crap. Just drop the gimmick and wrestle

TNA's Failures:
*Reaction. It's like it just did not have it's identity in place until the last four episodes.
*Changing the TNA belt to fit Jeff Hardy's personality. Frealing stupid frealing move. Just bad.
*Bringing in Jeff Hardy. I understand you wanted to pull fans from the other company but I don't like him. Nor do I feel you have been using him properly. If you were going to build things on his name, then you should have done it differently, and made him more independent from any factions.
*Robbie E and Cookie.  Just bad. You should have left them as Orlando's gay-bi-fruit flies. They are just annoying now.
*The whole thing between Flair and Lethal.  It was just pointless. Jay Lethal needed a push I understand that, but dropping him into that gimmick right after letting him be him again after what; nearly four years of being Macho Man, it was too much sugar coated crap ontop of sugar coated crap.
*London Brawling. Miss Matched at best. That's a fashion don't ontop of a bad mistake.
*A.J. Styles as the mini Flair. It was not even laughable it was that bad an idea. And don't even get me started on the Flaired version of Styles' robe.
*Not having JB doing interviews backstage this year.  When fans think of the VOICE of TNA they think JB
*Hulk Hogan. It was just... I'm not even going to waste my breath complaining other then to say ... frealing stupid putting that old goat on air.
*Taking Shark Boy off air.  Fans love him, bring him back to Impact!
*Mr. Shelley, Mr. Sabin... getting rid of the red pants. 


That's how I felt about our love affair this past year. Every relationship has it's rough patches, so here's hoping the romance gets better in 2011. Kiss Kiss Noise.
Love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment