Sunday, September 21, 2014

2014 Night of Champions love hate

Right off, I have to say I hope Roman Reigns heals fully and quickly.

I have to selfishly admit that the originally scheduled match between Reigns and Seth Rollins was the only reason I had ordered this ppv; and if I had known the situation, I would have passed on Night of Champions.

Match #1- Tag Team titles... Usos vs the Dust Busters. Star Dust and Gold Dust got the win, getting the titles.

Match #2-United States title... Sheamus vs Cesaro.  My god, I was blinded and slightly freaked out when I saw that facial scruff Sheamus is trying to pass for a beard. Gross! Shave it, damn it! Sheamus got the pin and managed to keep the title.

Match #3- I.C. title  Miz/Sandow vs Ziggler/R-Truth.  I was wondering why at first glance, Jericho and Slater were coming to ringside, then I realized it wasn't them.  And just because Sandow was dressed up like some Matrix-goth-dollie, didn't mean JBL had to compare him to Bela Lugosi... Miz got the pin with a dirty tights tug and won the title.

Seth Rollins came to the ring in his gear ready to wrestle... to "we want Ambrose" chants, and just like a few months ago at the ppv, Rollins had himself declared the winner by forfeit...(think I spelled it right this time) He then issued an open challenge, and a taxi pulled up barely getting to stop as Dean Ambrose ran out and made his way to the ring.  We had a small brawl, with Ambrose first running around jumping off of the backdrop/lighting on the stage like he usually does to the announce booths, before getting handcuffed and carried away.  Two minutes of Ambrose made up for everything else.

Match #4- Henry vs Rusev.  Rusev got a submission over Henry.

Match #5-Jericho vs Orton.  Orton got the win.

Match #6- women's match, that's bathroom break time for me.

Main Event- Cena vs Brock for the title  Seth Rollins came into the ring hitting Cena with the case. He then turned to look at Brock who was knocked out. Rollins curb stomped Brock and went to hand in his case, cashing it in. But Cena beat him up some, and Brock recovered giving Cena an F5.  Cena won by dq, but Brock still has the Heavyweight championship.

Seth Rollins still has the #1 contender's case as the match never officially started on the cash in.   That I didn't see coming. I don't think Rollins vs Brock would be a good idea at all. He should wait another few weeks/months until Cena has the title then cash in.

Love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment