Monday, April 28, 2014

pre-thoughts of Extreme Rules

We've got another WWE ppv this weekend. So that means, it's time for me to come in and blah blah blah some bat droppings into your ear, on your shoulder and let it all splat on the tip of your shoe.
At the time of this posting (8:30 pm on Monday, Raw just started) this is what's right now on the schedule.

Cena vs Bray Wyatt, Shield vs Evolution, Bryan vs Kane, Big E vs either Barrett or RVD, and R-Truth/Woods vs Rusev, 

Okay, so I had enough to say, none of which was nice, last month for the whole Wrestlemaina 30 situation pre-and post. And I'm not going to apologize for it either. It just didn't feel like it lived up to what it was designed to be.
Extreme Rules now is the beginning of the "new season" so to speak, and will pretty much pave the way for the storylines for the next five months.

What do I think will happen?  I think Cena will get the win, Bryan will keep the title, RVD will loose to Big E, and Rusev will smash.

What do I want to happen?  I want Bray Wyatt to clean house, for Bryan to dig something up to overcome Kane, for Bad News Barrett to win the I.C. championship, and for Woods to not only get the pin over Rusev but to dump Truth.

Notice I didn't even deal with the Shield match yet...okay, so this can go either way. Really depends on how far they want to take the story and if it's just a stop gap for Orton before putting him back in the title run? 
If this is just a stop gap for Orton, then yes the Shield will mop the floor with Evolution, giving them the boost they deserve.  If it's a storyline they plan on turning into something for the summer, then Evolution will leave my favourites fangless.
Obviously, I want the Shield to win. Last month I said the match they had them in was a waste of the Shield's time, and I still feel this to be true having them against Evolution. Mostly because I don't care for anyone in Evolution. Though I am dripping with coffee flavoured anticipation on the idea of Roman Reigns pulverizing Batista.
Granted, this is still the same storyline, as it's my favourite demonic superheroes (like a demonic version of Spider Man, Superman and Batman) against yet more members of Triple H's background noise.
I have said more then once that I love the Shield like this, against everyone else. Biting, clawing and snarling their way through everyone.

Okay, till later
Love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment