Friday, February 21, 2014

Pre-Elimination Chamber thoughts

This weekend is WWE's ppv the Elimination Chamber.  Usually, this is one of two ppvs that I sit out just on the fact that I personally can't afford every ppv.    BUT...I'm weaker then I like to admit and because two of my favourite teams The Shield and the Wyatt Family, are not just in it but in a match against each other.... here's what I think about this weekend's ppv.

Del Rio vs Batista.... My vote is for Del Rio all the way. This is who I want to win.  Who I think the winner will be sadly is Batista. Sill pissed the Shield never got rid of him...

Curtis Axel/Ryback vs the Rhodes Brothers.   I think the Rhodes Brothers will get this, and it will finally smarten Curtis Axel up and have him toss Ryback. That's what I hope happens in this pre-show match.

New Age Outlaws vs the Usos... for the Tag Team titles.  Usos all the way! It's about time they had the gold.

Darren Young vs Titus O'Neil... I would like to see this be Young's big overthrow, but I think the direction this will be taken is O'Neil getting the win.

Swagger vs Big E for the Intercontinental...I don't care. If it's a clean match, then I'd like to see Swagger get this, if Zeb finds a way to help him cheat, I could see this being a dq and Big E keeping it. In fact, whomever gets this belt should have to face Roman Reigns Monday on Raw for it.  That's what I want.

World Heavyweight match with Sheamus, Cena, Orton, Christian, Cesaro, Bryan.   I know everyone is expecting this to be Bryan's big date. But, my vote, my money is on Cesaro. The second he was announced as one of the guys in this match, my little zombied brain started to see all sorts of possible storylines for him with that title leading up to Wrestlemaina.  He's going to shock a few people here.

The Shield vs the Wyatts... Oh My God!   Do I even have to say it....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SHIELD!    I know that creative is ready to snap them apart like legos on a playground, but I'm not ready for that just yet. Well, I'm not. This match is the only reason I'm even considering getting this ppv.  The Wyatts vs the Shield.  The Shield vs the Wyatts. Whatever way you say it, it's got instant classic written all over it. Will the chamber be enough to ground Seth Rollins from some of his more cruiser weight style moves? How much blood can Dean Ambrose create with the cage walls?  I'm assuming it would be in a cage? If I'm wrong... then we'll go with this little fantasy....the idea of Roman Reigns hitting not one, not two, but all three of the Wyatts with his flying-reclining dropkick, the submissions that Rollins will be able to pull out of thin air or the pockets of his combat pants will they be enough to stun the already not-quite there Rowan into a tap? Will Ambrose be slippery enough when it counts to get out of the gator-roll that's dizzied up all of Harper's victims in the past? 
Recently, on both Raw and Smackdown, when the six have faced to faced in the darkness of the arena, Reigns and Bray have taken the leading roles for their sides, but with this match, I'm eager to see what kind of chaos Bray and Ambrose can create. That's got potential to be a massive side feud if the Shield can keep the fur from flying before Wrestlemaina.
I want the Shield still the Shield going into Wrestlemaina. I want to see what kind of story can be built from more Wyatts vs Shield matches over the next month leading into WM. My dream match would be for this to turn into a 2 out of 3 falls submissions match...(I know I know I can't leave that alone.)   Oh, what would happen if Rollins pulls a pair of shears/scissors out of his pockets and off with their beards? And if it's not in a cage, will Ambrose take a chill-out in the middle of it to join the announce booth on headset, causing Reigns to growl? There's so many little things that could happen here. With these six characters in that ring, it's a writer's morbid candyland. (Okay this writer's morbid candyland.) 

I'll catch you on the B-side of the ppv.
love Ardeth Blood


No comments:

Post a Comment