Friday, October 4, 2013

Pre-Thinking Battleground

So the brand new WWE pay-per-view, Battleground is this weekend. I said I'd come in and give some thoughts on it before hand, my usual predictions.  So here goes.


Pre-show- Dolph Ziggler vs Damien Sandow... I'm not too sure I have much to say on this?  It on the surface seems like a really strange feud to me.  On the surface.  But the pre-show is free everywhere which means people who might not buy the ppv will be able to at lest tune in online to this match. Really really great exposure for both men. And given Ziggler is in the main storylines currently, and Sandow is the only money in the bank holder, this could be an excellent 5minutes of air for both.  I'm giving this to Sandow.

Curtis Axel vs R-Truth.  This is a non-title match, which means R-Truth is where we should be thinking to put our money.  But I'm personally cheering for Axel simply because I think he's a better wrestler. And he's got Heyman in his corner to add weight to the situation...no pun intended.

World Heavyweight champ Del Rio vs RVD in a hardcore match.  Ugh, personally, I want to see Del Rio win this. I'm voting Del Rio.

CM Punk vs Ryback.  You know I'm torn on this one. I want Punk to win it by any means necessary, but with Heyman as the main ingredient in this cocktail, things are going to get spilled on the floor.

Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton for the WWE title.  I think by now 98% of the fans want Bryan to get it and keep it.

Rhodes Family vs Shield members Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns the current Tag Team Champions.  I think this is what 97% of fans will be getting the ppv for. I think.   Given that at the time of this posting, (two days before the ppv) the third Shield member Dean Ambrose and current United States Champion is to be assumed in the Shield's corner, and does not have a match himself, I see it breaking down to a 6 man elimination or something.  Would be nice to finally see that 2/3 falls submission match for the Shield I keep begging for... And as much as I love the Shield, and I do love the Shield, I think everyone and their dog's grandmother wants to see the Rhodes Family get the win. Though, me personally, I always want to see the Shield win, this is one time I have to vote for the other team.
Think of the feud it could lead to on Smackdown between the Shield and the Rhodes Family after this ppv...that would stir up the pot in the tag division wouldn't it?


okay, that's my thoughts on this Friday morning before a new launched ppv.
love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment