Friday, August 30, 2013

Let's put that on a sticker


By now, you know that I love the social site GetGlue. I've talked about it more then a few times. I've talked about the interaction with other fans of not just wrestling,but everything. I've also talked about which wrestlers I'd like to see get their face on a sticker. (Right here)

And guess what...I have no clue if anyone actually listened to me, but Wade Barrett and the Shield have been given stickers...yay.

So why the silly post today?  Why not?
The big "topic" or gimmick as it were depending on whom you're talking to, is the whole "but you're pretty" thing that WWE is pulling right now with Bryan vs Orton.

I'm not kidding. More people I've talked to in the last week and a half have talked about nothing but. Now, if you've read me at all over the years, you know I'm not silent about who I think in the business is good looking. (total understatement)

I get that with Cena and Sheamus out at the moment with injuries, and Kane doing a movie, someone had to get the push to keep a storyline going with Bryan. Orton does seem the logical given he had the money in the bank case.
But pretty?  Maybe.

Storyline aside, here's who I'd love to see on the next ppv poster (which is always the biggest sticker on GetGlue that everyone and their dog's grandmother wants.)

-Seth Rollins -

Yeah, I know, he has a sticker (with Roman Reigns as tag champs) for the Night of Champions series, but I'm talking the poster sticker.  But wait, I have a real point here...in my mind it's a real point...who really says the face of wrestling in the last few years?

I get why they would be using Orton, for the simple fact that he fits the storyline, and he's been in the business long enough that even the casual viewer can see his picture and say "right wrestling."

But what about the rest of us? 
To me Randy Orton does not say  the identifying factor that is wrestling.  I personally would much rather see a ppv poster sporting Corey Graves, Leo Kruger, Kassius Ohno, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro... do you see where I'm going with this?

and Seth Rollins is ...pretty.

Love Ardeth Blood.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment