Sunday, April 19, 2015

Do you feel fake yet?

It's no secret that for years, I was anti-WWE. I wouldn't watch the product, wouldn't talk about it, and went out of my way to avoid it as much as possible. I was solidly in the corner of WCW, TNA, ROH, and a bunch of indie Canadian companies. I only started to swing back towards WWE few years ago when I started doing the wrestling reviews online.  At that time, that's what people wanted, so I gave in. Yeah, I sold out.
Now, it's pretty much the only game in town. Ironic when you really think about it. Where I'm located, there is nothing and I do mean nothing else being offered on television or ppvs, unless you want to spend hours trying to locate things other fans have uploaded online. Which, to be honest drives me insane. I hate having to search for something I love or even slightly like. So I don't. Then there is always the dreaded "sorry that's not available in your country" internet blocks which prevents lots of television shows/websites from showing video content here.

Sucks dog balls man.

This past week, I've been dealing with a few situations that has brought out the worst in some of the people around me. It led me to a conversation this morning about how fake people can be. Had nothing to do with the topic of wrestling, but everything to do with sticking to your personal values. Which got me thinking about how easily certain situations/people can sway you from your personal point of view. Call it peer pressure if you want to.

For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm the type of person who believes everything is a lesson to be learned from. I believe in a lot of things, and the timing of something is always a key factor.

Do I feel fake for swinging over to the WWE camp of fans?  Sometimes. More often then not, I ask myself would I be talking about this company if certain wrestlers were not part of it? My answer is always no. I ask myself, if certain wrestlers left would I stop watching? My answer is almost always yes.

This is a year where veils will be dropped in peoples lives in every aspect. Where so many on the planet will have to draw a line in the sand for their personal values/beliefs. Many will drop the fake people/situations in their lives, the situations that no longer add depth to their goals, or that straight up do not align with what your personal truth is. 

Am I saying I'm going to stop talking/blogging about WWE?  Not that I can commit to, at lest not today anyways. But, this was something sticking in my claw I needed to say, and this was an excellent example of something in my life that I let colour my view point. It's hard to show enthusiasm for something you don't always find strength/honor in.

Love Ardeth Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment